The first Photographic competition resulted in a calendar for 2017, which sold out. In 2017, we ran the competition again, and the new calendar is now available. ( winners are to the right -> ) In December of this year, our competition will open again. Details will be included in the December magazine.
Any kind of camera can be used, and as long as the photo\s are plant\garden related, they will be acepted. The full sized image is required, and the member submitting the photograph\s must be the person who took the image. The competition is open to C.G.S. members only.
NOTE: If sending photographs taken on mobile devices, please send via wifi or computer, as mobile providers restrict 3G and 4G data, resulting in images being shrunk massively. This also goes for cloud storage. You only get free cloud storage for shrunk images, not the full sized images we need.
Rules of the 2018 Photographic Competition
OPENING IN DECEMEBER 2017
- The competition is FREE to enter.
- There are a maximum of 2 entries per Member.
- Any type of camera may be used: film/digital/compact camera or phone.
- Entries must be clearly labelled to include your name, membership number and title for the photograph. A month when taken is useful, but not required.
- When emailing digital entries, please make the subject of the email ‘The CGS Photographic Competition 2017’.
- Entries to be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
SEE MAGAZINE FOR POSTAL ADDRESS.
Shop printed images only - no self prints, as they do not reproduce well enough.
If submitting an actual print you would like returned, you must enclose a S.A.E.
- Photographs should be of gardens, flowers, plants, insects, (or a combination).
- Black and white conversions are permitted.
- No image previously published and/or sold may be used.
- No composite or manipulated images will be accepted.
- The competition is open to CGS members only and excludes members of the National Committee.
- The National Committee will decide the winners and their decision is final.
- There are no alternatives to the prizes stated.
- In the event of too few entries, the CGS reserves the right to withdraw the competition.
- Deadlines for entries: Monday, 24th April 2018 - a couple of extra days will be permitted for postal entries.
- Winners will be announced at the 2018 AGM, on our website, and in the September edition of our magazine.
- Should we proceed with the 2019 Calendar, 13 winning photographs will be selected for publication and the photographers credits in the calendar. Each winner will receive a free calendar, and one overall winner will also receive a further prize of a Garden Gift Voucher.
- Copyright of the image remains with the member who took the photograph.
- By entering the competition, you give your permission to the Cottage Garden Society to use your photo\s for the calendar, and to advertise the calendar. (You name will remain with the photograph\s at all times.)
! Re-Opens in December !
If you have any problems, or questions, please get in touch. Help will be given.